<title source="title1"/> <image source="image1">
</image> <label>Game Type</label> <label>Players</label> <label>Time</label> <label>Status</label> <label>Menu Icon</label> <label>Release Date</label> </infobox> The Pit is a Prototype Lobby minigame released on February 26, 2018. It is a PvP minigame where players can battle each other on servers while earning gold and experience to increase their Pit level. It is considered as an original project of Minikloon, one of the admins of Hypixel.
Every player spawns with an iron sword, a bow, 32 arrows, and full chainmail armour (save for a random piece being replaced with iron,) minus the helmet. Note that by default, a player can not spawn with a helmet of any kind unless the "Safety First" perk in the "UPGRADES" shop is equipped, or the "Fancy Hat" Renown Upgrade is purchased. There is also a diamond helmet, which can be claimed through auctions or trades.
Players fall through a hole in the center of the spawn area or take a path to launch into one of the four unique areas, and combat becomes enabled upon contact with the ground.
Upon gaining kills or assisting others in kills, Gold and Experience will be gained. Gold can be exchanged for items, perks, or Mystic enchants, while gaining Experience will cause you to level up, and gain more options of what to do as your level increases. You will also, by default, gain a Golden Apple upon a kill, which can be consumed to gain Absorption and Regeneration.
Upon death, you will respawn instantly, with the option of viewing all sources of damage before your death.
Items and Perks
Items and perks are game-changing mechanics that can be purchased using gold from villagers in the spawn area. Items can be bought in the "ITEMS" shop, however anything purchased here will be lost on death. Perks can be bought in the "UPGRADES" shop to the right of the "ITEMS" shop. Upgrades are kept until you Prestige.
|Diamond Sword||150g||+20% damage versus bountied.|
|8 Obsidian Blocks||50g||Remains for base 120 seconds.|
|Diamond Chestplate||500g||Auto-equips on buy!|
|Diamond Boots||300g||Auto-equips on buy!|
XP Boost - Earn +10% XP from all sources.
|Tier||Cost (gold)||XP Boost|
Gold Boost - Earn +10% gold (g) from kills and coin pickups.
|Tier||Cost (gold)||Gold Boost|
Melee Damage - Deal +1% melee damage.
|Tier||Cost (gold)||Melee Damage|
Bow Damage - Deal +3% bow damage.
|Tier||Cost (gold)||Bow Damage|
Damage Reduction - Receive -1% damage.
|Tier||Cost (gold)||Damage Reduction|
Build Battler - Your blocks stay +60% longer.
|Tier||Cost (gold)||Build Battler|
El Gato - First kill each life rewards +5g +5 XP.
|Tier||Cost (gold)||El Gato|
|II||2,000||First 2 kills|
|III||3,000||First 3 kills|
|IV||4,000||First 4 kills|
|V||5,000||First 5 kills|
|10||Golden Heads||500g||Golden apples you earn turn into Golden Heads. Golden Heads can be eaten instantly and grants you with Speed I (7s.) + Regeneration II (5s) + 3 absorption❤.|
|10||Fishing Rod||1,000g||Spawn with a fishing rod.|
|10||Lava Bucket||1,000g||Spawn with a lava bucket.|
|20||Strength-Chaining||2,000g||+8% damage for 7s stacking on kill. If you get another kill within the 7 seconds it increases the strength level along with resetting the timer to 7 seconds again. Capped at strength 5.|
|20||Endless Quiver||2,000g||Get 3 arrows on arrow hit.|
|30||Mineman||3,000g||Spawn with 24 cobblestone and a diamond pickaxe. +3 blocks on kill.|
|30||Safety First||3,000g||Spawn with a helmet.|
|40||Trickle-down||1,000g||Gold ingots reward +10g and 2❤.|
|40||Lucky Diamond||4,000g||30% chance to upgrade dropped armour pieces from kills to diamond. Upgraded pieces warp to your inventory.|
|40||Spammer||4,000g||Double base gold reward on targets you've shot an arrow in. +2g on assists.|
|50||Bounty Hunter||2,000g||4g on all kills. Earn bounty assist shares. +1% damage/100g bounty on target.|
|50||Streaker||8,000g||Triple streak kill XP bonus.|
|60||Gladiator||4,000g||Receive -3% damage per nearby player. 12 blocks range. Minimum 3, max 10 players.|
|60||Vampire||4,000g||Don't earn golden apples. Earn 0.5❤ on hit. Earn 1.5❤ on a fully charged arrow hit. Earn regeneration I (8s) on kill.|
Bounties are gold bonuses placed on players with high kill-streaks. This bounty will increase as the player earns a higher streak. When a player kills someone with a bounty, they will earn the gold from the bounty along with the kill rewards. Bounty bumps typically come in amounts of 50-300g and naturally cap at 5000g, but the minor event Everyone Gets a Bounty adds 100g bounty to all players regardless of their existing bounty.
These events occur every 5-15 minutes. Most of these events are specific to areas.
|King of the Ladder||A ladder is created in the said area. The players on the top of the ladder earn gold scaled on the number of players on top. All players inside the ladder area have permanent Regeneration IV.|
|King of the Hill||A platform made out of diamond appears, rewarding 4 times the base amount of gold and Xp to players on top of the platform.|
|Supply Drop||A supply drop comes in from the sky. After players alternate right-clicking and left-clicking it 200 times, the chest unlocks with several items inside of it. These items include 100g, 100XP, diamond gear, and mythic bows, swords, and pants.|
|Dragon Egg||A dragon egg spawns in the center area of the map. Players clicking on the egg will be rewarded with gold and XP. Every 5-9 clicks, the egg will move to a different location.|
|Giant Cake||A giant cake will appear, rewarding gold to players who eat pieces of it. Finishing a full cake will give the player extra hearts and more gold.|
|Double Reward Area||An area becomes enchanted, rewarding double gold and experience points to all kills and assists made in the area.|
|Auction||An item is released on the auction, usually Prestige ones. Players can bid on the items for huge amounts of gold, at a minimum of 5,000g.|
|Everyone gets a bounty||Everyone gets a bounty of 100G.|
Every 45-55 minutes, a random major event occurs; changing, limiting or modifying the whole map. An announcement of an event beginning is sent out to the lobby 3 minutes prior. These events often have generous awards to the participants in gold and XP. Major events provide renown for players who do well in the event and are over prestige I.
|Pizza||A pizza place is built in an area. Getting pizza from the place and delivering them to villagers spawned around the map awards the player with cash, which can be registered in by going back to the pizza place. Killing a player steals any cash stored in them.|
|Spire||A tower with 9 floors, each one with a different color, is built. When you enter the event via jumping into the pit area, your inventory gets put into your stash in order to make the event fairer. When you get a kill, you move up one floor, and when you die, you go down a floor.|
|Squads||You squad up with 2 other people, trying to control the many banners created on the map. The squad with the most points after 5 minutes wins.|
|Robbery||Every player starts with a 100g stash. Whenever you hit a player, you get some of their stash (about 2%) and when you kill a player, you get about 80% of their stash. The maximum stash is 10000g. If you're in the top 3, your gold rewards are your stash times 2. If you're in the top 20, it's times 1.5. Otherwise, you get your stash as your reward.|
|Rage Pit||The map is reduced to contain only the center area. Every kill awards the player with a "Rage Potato", which acts as healing for the event. If the number of total kills exceeds the prize count (usually ~600), every player gets a reward.|
|Beast||A player is Adsad selected as the "Beast", getting huge amounts of health and attack damage. The player killing the beast becomes the new beast, having the same traits. The player who was the "Beast" for the longest time wins.|
|Team Deathmatch||All players are equally divided into 2 teams. Fighting with each other. The team with the most kills after 5 minutes wins.|
|Blockhead||Each player is assigned a block. The objective here is to paint the floor with the assigned block, by killing or collecting such power-ups.|
The Pit has multiple maps which all have unique features tied to them. Every Tuesday, the map cycles to the next map in its current map rotation.
List of in-use maps
- Ocean is an underwater-themed map with many fishing locations. No major features are added.
- Castle is a map themed around a kingdom which features the King's quest for players above Prestige I, the sewers which introduces sewer pants, and several other minor additions.
- Factions is the newest map (as of march 2020) which introduces the two warring groups: the Angels and the Demons. Join one to reap their respective benefits as early as level 1!
List of unused maps
- Elements is a map focused around four elements: Earth, wind, fire, and water. No major features are added.
- Seasons is a map that incorporates the four seasons into one map. No major features are added.
As of March 2020, the current map cycle is Ocean --> Castle -->factions. Expect maps to cycle in this order.
Permanent Renown Perks - (all renown cost are for the first tier )
- The Mystic Well is unlocked by purchasing the "Mysticism" perk in the Renown Shop after players reach Prestige I.
- Mystic items have a chance to be obtained after killing a player. Note that they will kept on death if they are not yet enchanted.
- Putting a mystic item into the well will cost 1,000 gold the first time, 3,600 gold the second time, and for the third time
- The Mysticism perk can be purchased and upgraded with renown to increase the chance of finding a mystic item, as well as gain access to enchant Mystic pants and Mystic items to tier 3. Its upgrades are listed below.
- Currently, there are 3 generic mystic items, those being the Mystic Sword, Mystic Bow, and Mystic Pants.
|Level I||10 renown||Unlocks the ability to use the Mystic Well and find Mystic Items from killing players.|
|Level II||5 renown||You find mystic items and pants +30% more often than normal.|
|Level III||5 renown||You find mystic items and pants +50% more often than normal.|
|Level IV||10 renown||Can now obtain Mystic Pants from killing players. Can now enchant swords and bows to tier 3.|
|Level V||5 renown||You find mystic items and pants +70% more often than normal.|
|Level VI||10 renown||You find mystic items and pants +100% more often than normal.|
|Level VII||20 renown||You find mystic items and pants +125% more often than normal.|
|Level VIII||20 renown||You find mystic items and pants +150% more often than normal.|
|Level IX||20 renown||Unlocks the ability to enchant Mystic Pants.|
|Level X||30 renown||You find mystic items and pants +200% more often than normal.|
Tips and Tricks
- Complete quests every day for a hefty gold reward! You can earn a bonus 2,000g every day (with the addition of 10,000g every week) by completing quests daily! Best of all, the quests are all easy and correspond with your normal actions in The Pit!
- Contracts are harder to complete and reward less gold but are still a solid way to earn some currency. You are given a choice between three contracts after paying a fee. Novice Contract - 250g fee, 400-1000g reward. Big Time Contract - 2,000g fee, 1,800- 5,000g reward.
- View your statistics and compare yourself with the top players using the Stats villager and the Leaderboard villager in the Spawn Tree. Unlocked after levelling up.
- When attacking players, you get compensated for the damage you dealt to them, regardless of who lands the killing blow. If you deal 95% of someone's health and another player steals your kill, you receive 95% of the kill reward (but the killer still receives the full reward). Don't be afraid to hit everybody and anybody for bonus EXP and gold when they get killed. Note: If you deal damage more than 30 seconds before they die, you won't be compensated.
- Do not buy diamond gear, unless you are confident in your ability to gain kills. The risk is much higher than the reward. It costs 500g for the diamond sword, chestplate, and boots. Killing one player grants an average of 15g (depending on their level and killstreak, as well as your perks), so you would have to kill about 17 players to make up the price. You will be bountied (see above) after five or ten kills, and being in diamond armour makes you a larger target to others. This means that buying diamond armour and/or a sword will almost certainly cause you to lose gold rather than earning any. Stick with the default chainmail and iron.
- Use the enderchest and the /respawn command! If you don't mind a few deaths (Because this will weaken you quite a bit for a few games) you can stockpile the random iron armour in the enderchest for use later as a full suit (Except the helmet of course), arrows if you use an arrow-heavy playstyle, and any random bits of diamond equipment you get while fighting. The /respawn command teleports you back to spawn without making you lose your inventory, so if you get lucky with some diamond gear, hide from players until your status is "Idling" and use it! I have not unlocked the Mystic Well yet, but I assume that you can keep mystic items too (Yes you can, but beware as this will make you lose your streak)
First Pit Thread Quick Patch Notes 0.2 Pit Update Prestige 0.2 Post Update Patches 0.3 Pit update 0.3.1 Pit Patch 0.3.5 Pit Update 0.3.6 Pit Update Fishing Patch Pizza Patch Patch & Bugfixes Drop Confirmation Update 0.3.8 Corals Map Update 0.3.9 Bug Patching 0.4 Event Update Pit.Blue Release 0.4.1 Pit Update